FENIX - A European FEderated Network of Information eXchange in LogistiX To support the transition to seamless data sharing
- Co-financed by the Connecting Europe Facility of the European Union.
- 04/2019 - 04/2022
- FENIX will develop the first European federated architecture for data sharing serving the European logistics community of shippers, logistics service providers, mobility infrastructure providers, cities, and authorities in order to offer interoperability between any individual existing and future platforms.
The idea of FENIX comes from the work and recommendations of the European Commission’s Digital Transport and Logistic Forum (DTLF) to create a viable and valid federative network of platforms as enabler for Business to Administration (B2A) and Business to Business (B2B) data exchange and sharing by transport and logistics operators. The objectives of this project are:
- to overcome today’s fragmentation and lack of connectivity around ICT-based systems for logistics decision making;
- to interconnect the different digital platforms and harmonise the services they offer;
- to ensure interoperability and common protocols for supporting data sharing services;
- to facilitate horizontal collaboration within the LSC and act as a technology neutral open-solution;
- to enable data sharing in the form of digital corridor information systems serving the European logistics community.
- ICOOR Role
- Within the FENIX project, ICOOR has the role of managing the Rhine-Alpine Pilot site, coordinating the activities that will be developed in the Genoa and Milan nodes. Furthermore, ICOOR will be one of the leaders of the evaluation team, specifically focusing on the cost-effectiveness analysis.
- ICOOR Members
- Università di Modena e Reggio Emilia