Integrated Human Modelling and Simulation to support Human Error Risk Analysis of Partially Autonomous Driver Assistance Systems
Isi-PADAS aimed to provide an innovative methodology to support risk-based design and approval of Partially Autonomous Driver Assistance System (PADAS) focusing on elimination and mitigation of driver errors by an Integrated Driver-Vehicle-Environment modelling approach.
The project contributed to:
- halving the number of road fatalities by 2010 (respect to 2001 levels), reducing number and severity of injuries caused by road accidents;
- decreasing the level of human error.
Something to Know About ISI-PADAS
07/2008 – 06/2011
The project targets will be achieved through research and technology development in:
- improved risk-based design;
- advanced driver modelling;
- Joined Driver-Vehicle-Environment Simulation Platform;
- new knowledge about driver behaviour including errors.